Sherm Pendley wrote:
On May 8, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Bruce Van Allen wrote:
I think we can confidently answer the "Benefits to the Perl Community"
issue.
That's my biggest concern. CB is mostly of use to the subset of the community who are using Macs, and need to write GUI apps. My concern is whether that's a big enough subset to warrant a grant.

They've sponsored some projects with *very* small audiences in the past, such as pVoice. I'm sure that Camelbones's audience outweighs pVoice's by at least a couple of orders of magnitude - although "helping trendy Mac users" is less press-worthy than "helping disabled people".

More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than
by drinking alcohol.    -- W C Fields