On Feb 16, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

On 2007-02-13 13:25:23 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/5275

        As I said in my comment to this, I don't see much added value to a
portindex(1) man page, users shouldn't see themselves in the need of
indexing manually. And those who do should probably be savvy enough to
figure stuff out on their own. I can't even find the draft I had for
that page ;-) I'll see about closing that ticket.

I reported this bug when the PortIndex file wasn't generated
automatically twice a day and it was no longer available via
rsync.

I closed the ticket and marked it as invalid, I really don't think we need a portindex(1) man page. So, with respect to documentation, I guess we're only missing some keys in ports.conf that I'm currently looking into and the portfile.7 updates Mark was putting together in view of Kevin's recent work on base (cf. reworked delete command and new move, copy & ln commands). Mark, any eta on that work?

        Regards,...

-jmpp