> On Sep 22, 2016, at 3:24 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
> <jerem...@macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 22, 2016, at 10:37, Adam Dershowitz <de...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>>> Do you have /usr/include on your system?  If you do, you installed the
>>> CLTools.
>>
>> Yes, I do.  Although I can’t confirm when I might have installed it (is
>> there an easy way to tell if the headers were from some older version i.e.
>> 10.7,10.8 etc?).
>
> $ pkgutil --file-info /usr/include/AvailabilityInternal.h
>
> or just:
>
> $ grep 'define __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED'
> /usr/include/AvailabilityInternal.h
>
> The OS upgrade should remove that path, so you likely installed it at some
> point since upgrading your OS.

I do have the 10.11 tools installed (although they are slightly different from
each other and from my current OS:

$ pkgutil --file-info /usr/include/AvailabilityInternal.h
volume: /
path: /usr/include/AvailabilityInternal.h

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK
pkg-version: 10.11.3.0.1.1456982112
install-time: 1457024872
uid: 0
gid: 0
mode: 644

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DevSDK_OSX1011
pkg-version: 7.3.1.0.1.1461711523
install-time: 1462497081
uid: 0
gid: 0
mode: 644
$ grep 'define __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED'
/usr/include/AvailabilityInternal.h
        #define __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED __MAC_10_11_4

But, likely close enough.

>>> It's possibly a bug in cmake and openmodelica ports (they're using the SDK
>>> inside of Xcode.app even though MacPorts is configured to use /).
>>>
>>> It's definitely a bug in cmake and openmodelica upstream.  They're failing
>>> to build properly for the older deployment targets when using newer SDKs.
>>
>> In that case, it sounds likely that installing the newer CLTools won’t help,
>> since I already have /usr/include.  So, at this point my options are to wait
>> for bug fixes, or to downgrade.
>
> Yes.

One other question.  As openmodelica uses cmake to build.  Is it likely that
the bug in cmake is also affecting openmodelica (cache, links, stored paths
etc)?  Or, instead is it more likely that each happens to have the identical
problem, independent of each other?

Again, thank you.