Sean, I'd be happy to entertain your below points, but firstly,
forgive me, but this honestly sounds like the very same rhetoric that
I hear all too often in the blind community which simply is a negative
response to touch screens?…  Yes?…

   Is this really what your saying with the below, or are you
genuinely not understanding how current touch screen tech is already
used in the VI / blind community…

   Touch screen devices are already used by the visually impaired on a
daily basis…

   On the point of accessible apps, I'm also not sure what your
getting at here; Obviously, OSX / VO is already functioning just fine
with a wide range of applications and as Apple would most assuredly
extend the same paradigm to the IPhone, the same would logically hold
true…

   Yes there would probably be apps which weren't accessible, as there
are on the Mac, Windows, and various current Smart Phones / PDAs.
However, there's every reason to believe that if there were an
accessible IPhone screen access solution by Apple, that it's
integration alone, would allow substantial access out of the box as it
were.

   I'm not clear on why you'd suggest that an accessible IPhone isn't
really an IPhone. What do you mean here?…  <smile>  Is a computer not
'really' a computer simply because it may run an accessible interface
solution?…  This type of logic doesn't make sense to me, but I'd
certainly be interested in hearing where you're coming from on it, if
you don't mind…

   Sure, the user experience would be different from a sighted user,
but people customize their user experience very often, anyway.  So
this seems kind of moot to me…

   Anyway, I hope I've understood you correctly here, and that the
above makes sense. :)

   Have a great day and talk with ya soon!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)
---
Follow me on Twitter!