i am the sighted "IT" person for my 8 y/o blind granddaughter.  in
addition to her blindness she has good use of only the thumb+3 on the
left hand and the index finger on the right.  we have an iMac with XP
added (i prefer VO) and a Brailled PC keyboard.  i am trying to get a
Braille Blazer embosser to work with the iMac.  the Blazer will self
test.  when i try to get a text message into Louis, it just goes blank.
i have talked with NFB and they indicate i should see the translation
into Braille on the screen before i can expect the Blazer to respond.
any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you very much.

art