Hey Cara and Scott,

LOL Cara! Well, you are the first person I've known with multi-
batteries, so I stand corrected on that. I still think it is far more
an exception than a rule. LOL.

Scott, yes, I like TOS way better than TNG. In fact, I'm a huge
Trekkie, and TNG is my least liked of the various series. BUt going
back on topic…

I totally agree about providing accurate information. That being said,
this whole line of discussion was prompted because Will specifically
posted false information because he was repeated complaints he'd heard
from quarters that were trying to down play the iPhone, or else was
misunderstanding the very highly technical context of those complaints.

I don't mean to down play your issues, but I truly do not believe this
is a problem for the overwhelming majority, and that's my point. :) It
really isn't about spin, but being thorough in the assessment. I
guarantee you that few, if any, others, on this list outside of
yourself are lamenting the inability to use SSH in the background. :)
I would just  hate to see someone who has no use for something like
SSH, like Will, not try an iPhone because someone who did need it,
split hairs on the multi-tasking capabilities of the phone. I think we
do a disservice, sometimes, by trying to be so objective that we lose
sight of what people really need or want.

So it boils down to this. If you need open sockets, SSH, or similar
functionality in the background, then the iPHone has some limitations.
If you do not know what these words mean, or have no use for these
services, it will not impact you, and you can assume that you will be
able to multi-task just fine. :)

Josh de Lioncourt
        …my other mail provider is an owl…

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt