I suspect it's all about what you're used to.  I'm finding that things that
involve pushing buttons seem to take a bigger leap for me.  Not that they're
more difficult, I've just gotten so used to touching, swiping, and flicking,
that I don't think to do it.  I think the thing that's been hardest for me to
get used to on the apple watch is turning the crown to select options.  I keep
expecting to do that by touch, not by manipulating a button.  I guess Apple's
got me trained well. lol
Cheers,
Donna