And there was some conjecture that Apple was perhaps considering bringing the
touch interface to the Mac. Not to say this will or will not happen, but there
is no question that the touch-screen interface has truly changed how both blind
and sighted users interact with their devices. I can recall when we had a
touch-screen for a specific system where I work. It was back in the mid 90s and
it was interesting how it worked. What is interesting is how this type of
interface has become ubiquitous today.
I do agree there is no right or wrong answer here and interface design must be
one of the most fascinating aspects of software design.