This is very odd.  Like I said, I reset the password in the terminal for
my friend and it worked after that.  This might be worth a call to apple
accessibility or Apple care.  Unless someone else can come up with a
suggestion, I am scratching my head here.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION