That's fine -- but we should be able to call such a carrier on any phone we
wish, not proprietary phones for that carrier especially. Also, there could
still be a company, web site, etc., which specializes in this sort of help,
without giving the false impression that a specific carrier must be set aside
for us.  In my experience, Apple has always been able to find someone who knew
about VoiceOver enough to help, or the rep researched it and got back to me. I
would be willing to stake money that sighted people have called Apple or other
companies, and have spoken to reps who needed to do some research on a
particular issue.  Few reps are familiar with every possible bug, every
technical glitch, tip, shortcut, or troubleshooting strategy.
Christine