Hi Jakub:

Maybe for N800, but I've bought N770 and hope last a couple of years (two as
a minimum).

Nevertheless I'm trying. I've just played with the
copy-your-existing-filesystem thing. I think I've succeeded copying my
entire system to the ext2 partition in my mmc. Cool.

But it still doesn't work. Why? Just because I've got IT2006.49-2 and Fran's
initfs-flasher is updated just to prior version (39-14) or next version
(N800).

When trying it, I get the message:
!!!unknown initfs version osso-n770.2006-48, cannot install bootmenu
Cannot find initfs.bootmenu.jffs2, something failed, nothing flashed.

As I've saved my entire system in the mmc, I think I may go on and
experiment without fear. But without initfs-flasher I cannot boot from the
mmc. What could I do? Should I re-install previous IT2006.39 reflashing via
desktop PC?

Salut.
Sebas.

2007/2/2, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> What I don't understand is why something so logically needed (it is
featured
> in all new brand Nokia phones) is not available as default.

IIRC this was looked into seriously and decided to not do it. So this is
not a planned feature AFAIK.

Plus, its really easy to get at least 175 MB of free internal storage on
N800.

Br,

--jakub