Le mardi 30 octobre 2007 à 09:36 +0200, Kalle Valo a écrit :

> >> If you have problems WLAN standby times I'm not yet convinced that
> >> your AP work correctly.
> >
> > After more tests, it appears both my AP don't support full PSM :(
>
> I'm curious, what tests failed?

For Freebox, both tests, but ping one was really visible. And I noticed
I got much better network response for browsing and so on since I set
n800 back to default PSM timeout. I'll try to lower default value
progressively to see if I can increase power saving while keeping
network working.

I couldn't extensively test arping on Fonera because it is using its own
subnet (and I only have one Wifi element at home). And I need to
reconfigure some routing to get ping working as expected. I'll report
later about my progress.

> > I've taken the liberty to write a summary of the various informations
> > you gave here about PSM and how to change it on Maemo wiki. Feel free to
> > fix errors I might have introduced :
> >  https://maemo.org/community/wiki/wifipsm/
>
> Excellent, thank you! I have been planning to do that, but never
> managed to find time for that. I will try to add more information to
> the page at some stage.

Great.

> > I tried disabling Wii and it didn't bring any improvement, since PSM is
> > really a problem for both my AP. I'll contact my ISP for the AP inside
> > Freebox, maybe they can do something about it (it is using Ralink 2661
> > chipset).
>
> Feel free to add me as a technical contact. I don't know what is the
> exact problem with your AP, but at least I can explain to the
> manufacturer what they should support.

Thanks, I'll add your email in the bug report (sorry, it is in french
but it might interest other people on this mailing list) :
http://bugs.freeplayer.org/task/2538

--
Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>