> It should stay online for days, not hours. Something is wrong with
> your setup. I would guess that the AP is somehow broken regards to
> WLAN Power Save Mode. Can you try with some other AP to see if it
> helps? Also make sure that N800 isn't transmitting anything extra, for
> example transmitting a packet every second would kill the battery
> quite quickly.
>
> Alternatively you could use a wireless sniffer to take a dump of WLAN
> level traffic and send it to me. I could take a look and see if
> there's something strange.
>
> It's a shame that there are so many broken APs on the market. I see
> lots of them when dealing with bug reports :( I guess WLAN Power Save
> Mode was really rare earlier, but fortunately nowadays it's getting
> more popular and AP manufactures have noticed the problem.

hmmm. My N800 recently  began running the battery dry in only a half day or
so; as you mention, it used to go days between charges. This began suddenly
with no change in habits or new packages having been installed. Since I
really only use the device at home and at work, I ruled out anything to do
with the whether or not the APs support WLAN Power Save Mode. As I said, it
all worked great until recently.

It is frustrating. Even if I charge overnight, I'm sure to hear the N800's
plaintive wail for the power adapter just after lunchtime. Could my battery
simply be dying? Is there any way to check?

thanks
Dave