On Friday 19 October 2007 03:51:29 Marius Vollmer wrote:
> "ext Marius Gedminas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > My personal pet peeve with the app manager is all those confirmation
> > dialogs.
>
> Yeah, and there will be more in the future...  There should be at
> least one before starting the operation, and we can't get rid of the
> legal "Notice" dialog for non-certified software.

(misc grumbling about lawyers and baby boomers) *grin*

> When using the AM to install system software updates, there will be
> lots more: "please take a backup", "all applications will be closed,
> continue?", "device will reboot, continue?", "don't touch me while I
> do scary things to the kernel", maybe even more.  We should try to
> combine these messages.

As long as the message doesn't say "Do you really mean you really want to do
what you just said you really wanted to do"  I can live with them.   Info is
good,  however where you can the little "don't ask me again box" is good
practice IMHO.

James