Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users writes:

 > One of my mailing lists that I converted over from my Mailman 2
 > instance doesn’t get used much. Well, something momentous happened
 > and it got several messages overnight, and I noticed something odd
 > about them. Every one has the signature “— \nAdministration:”. This
 > looks like a fragment of the signature that Mailman 2 used to put
 > on them, but I can’t figure out where it’s configured. There’s
 > nothing in the list or domain template list that would do that. How
 > can I stop it doing that?

The only thing I can think of is that there is a template variable
reference starting the template, and for some reason that has that odd
signature component as a value.

If it's not in the footer template or pulled in by a variable
reference, I don't think Mailman's doing it.  IIRC there are actually
three templates for the footer: one for the regular delivery, one for
the digest, and one for both (Mailman checks for the appropriate one,
then for the dual-use one).  It only uses the first one found.  It
does not try to merge the mode-specific footer with the dual-use
footer.

Are you getting deliveries for that list as a digest or regular
delivery?  Were the messages from different sources, or are you
otherwise pretty sure that the author(s) didn't add them?

Steve


-- 
GNU Mailman consultant (installation, migration, customization)
Sirius Open Source    https://www.siriusopensource.com/
Software systems consulting in Europe, North America, and Japan
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/WXZKQB6IYGLRWGQAXMEMSHMF5FZVCD62/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to