On Thu, May 28, 2026, at 8:20 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users writes:
>
>  > Like I said, there’s no templates listed in the UI.
>
> Ah, I read that as "no relevant templates".

Sorry, I wasn't clearer because I didn't know about the non-UI templates before.

>
> The migration from Mailman 2 doesn't need a working Postorius, so it
> doesn't use the same mechanism as the UI.  It should write to a
> parallel tree under the $mailman_home/$var/templates directory.  The
> fallback tree is in site-packages/mailman/templates, and otherwise

Turns out there are a lot of files in /opt/mailman/mm/var/templates/lists, but 
I hadn't noticed them before because most of them where empty. In a few of the 
ones I don't subscribe to or which don't get a lot of traffic, those templates 
were "-- \nAdministration:" or sometimes "== \n-- Administration: 
%(web_page_url)slistinfo/%(_internal_name)s". I suspect that the ones that 
didn't have the text after Administration: versus the ones that did were some 
sort of bug in the conversion script, because I'm pretty sure I had the same 
footer configured for all those lists.

But anyway, I had no idea those templates were there, so I'll have to file that 
away in my memory for next time I wonder why lists have footers that don't show 
up in the UI. Am I right in thinking that a UI configured template will 
override the ones in that directory tree?

-- 
Paul Tomblin
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/VWBXYHULFIYORYEKSELRXXY6PSJV74GR/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to