Rachel Mawhood wrote:

>Obviously, we can't give 400-plus people the Admin or Moderator
>passwords so that they can view the Archives.  Is there a way of
>having a third password, which we can give to the membership (and
>reset from time to time), to enable members to view the Archives?

The admin and moderator passwords work (even without email address) for
accessing the archives, but each list member (including admins and
moderators if they are also members) has her/his own list password. In
your subscription scenario, the password is randomly generated. It
will be mailed to the member in the list welcome message, and unless
disabled by the list or the user, the user will receive a monthly
email reminder.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,