Hi Kee,

On 22 September 2016, at 0728, Kee Hinckley wrote:

I sent the following message:

```
From: "Kee Hinckley" <khinck...@tivo.com>
To: metadatasupp...@tivo.com
Subject: The 16x9 Series Image for "Difficult People" does not include the
 title text
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:37:26 -0700
Message-ID: <225b4f26-6097-4da6-9abd-8fa7d813b...@tivo.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related;
 boundary="=_MailMate_AC3B2727-7876-41A9-A2F9-BAB06F89D205_="
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Mailer: MailMate (2.0BETAr6056)

```

But it didn't go out via my TiVo account. The next day when I was wondering why I didn't get a reply, I discovered it in the outbox for one of my Google accounts, not in my TiVo outbox. And when I talked to the folks I sent it to, they confirmed that they received it from the Google address._______________________________________________


I have been meaning to mention this one for a while. I have this happen all the time.

The easiest way to replicate it is for me to click on a mailto: URL somewhere. MailMate will then generate a new message which is often, but not always, from the first account listed in my list of accounts. If I change the "From" address, it does NOT change the account through which it is sent. I am typically reminded of this when I get an error from Apple about how I'm not permitted to send from some other domain via my iCloud account and it rejects the message.

So there does seem to be some sort of a disconnect between what the From address is exiting MailMate and the actual account used for SMTP.

It may well be this is somehow linked to what you've seen here.

Scott

_______________________________________________
mailmate mailing list
mailmate@lists.freron.com
https://lists.freron.com/listinfo/mailmate

Reply via email to