On 22 Sep 2016, at 5:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 22 Sep 2016, at 6:56, Kee Hinckley wrote:
[...]
The dangerous thing is that Google SMTP doesn't reject the message for being from an unknown account--it changes the headers.

I also consider that a bug, but I guess Google does not see it that way.

There are reasons that there is not much spam coming out of GMail servers but LOTS coming out of Yahoo and Microsoft. This is one of them: GMail "corrects" the From header and envelope sender address to match the authenticated sender. ISTR there is or was some way to add addresses (with a confirmation cycle) that would pass in the From header for an account, but the envelope sender would still be "corrected." Since the advent of DMARC, I would expect that feature to be gone (since DMARC deals with headers, not the envelope.)