On 22 Sep 2016, at 21:42, Bill Cole wrote:

On 22 Sep 2016, at 5:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 22 Sep 2016, at 6:56, Kee Hinckley wrote:
[...]
The dangerous thing is that Google SMTP doesn't reject the message for being from an unknown account--it changes the headers.

I also consider that a bug, but I guess Google does not see it that way.

There are reasons that there is not much spam coming out of GMail servers but LOTS coming out of Yahoo and Microsoft. This is one of them: GMail "corrects" the From header and envelope sender address to match the authenticated sender.

Just to be clear, I only wanted to imply that I think Gmail should just reject the message instead of altering it.