Hi Michelle

> Have a similar (though substantially smaller numbers) with Apple
> iCloud accounts... main problem there is people sending receipts for
> their purchases... you'd think they (the consumers) might be worried
> about a third-party getting all their (valid) credit card details,
> but I guess not....

Apple has privacy issues with their AppleID's. I also got hit by emails
sending me newsletters and recipes from stuff I apparently purchased @
apple. First I thought they were some kind of spam or phishing emails,
but upon close inspection, they looked genuine.

So according to swiss privacy laws, I asked Apple to send me all the
data that was connected to my apparent AppleID and the source where
they got that data from.

Their reply was: We cannot send you this data, because that AppleID
obviously does not belong to you and we have to protect the privacy of
that other person. And they kept sending me newsletters etc. pretending
that I was not the owner of the said email address used as AppleID.

So I proceeded in recovering the password of that AppleID. Logged into
that account, found all the billing and personal information from a
person in Canada with a Name similar to mine. With that information I
asked apple again, how this person could create an AppleID with my
email address and learned, that the Email Address used as AppleID, when
created in an Apple Shop, are not being verified. What probably happened
was that the dealer mistyped the canadian customer's email address when
he bought an iPhone (the one I got the bill for) and had it configured
by that shop.

-BenoƮt Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden