To add to what Laura said, when we first started getting lots of questions
about why specific campaigns got bulked at Gmail, we found lots of the
campaigns having blacklisted links in them. We could never tell if it was
because Gmail actually used those blacklists, or just independently arrived
at similar evaluations, but in either case we started blocking campaigns
from being sent if they had blacklisted domains in them. Helped a lot.

Tim Starr
Sr. Director, Deliverability, Maropost