+1

Never assume that something doesn’t matter. It all depends on what the numbers
say. The selector and other fields are features that can potentially be used to
predict malicious or spammy behavior. I’m not aware of such a pattern yet for
selectors, but it may very well be that there will be a set of best practices
for selectors in the future, based on what we observe the bad guys do, as
domain reputation becomes more prevalent.

./don