Honestly, that sounds like someone else thinks that's their account...
unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.  I have a couple friends
with common name accounts, and they get a lot of mail obviously meant for
other people.

Anyhoo, that's its own major issue that's complicated by sites with lack of
coi, of course.

In any case, I fail to see how not using unsubscribe in that case is
useful, but to each their own.

Brandon