> Il 20/01/2021 13:29 Hetzner Blacklist via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> ha
> scritto:
>
> Looking back on my infrequent checking of UCEPROTECT, that means OVH
> will probably be permanently on level 3.
>
> In fact, a number of other large, well-known providers are now listed on
> level 3 as well.

I host my personal email server on a VPS at Contabo and, as of today, my IP is
now also listed on level 3 - so I guess that Contabo is another provider that
got suddenly listed in its entirety.

Personally speaking, an operation that lists the entire IP address space of
several big VPS providers in Europe at the same time, then asks for money to
delist them, does look to me like an extortion scheme. I could understand
listing specific providers if they were clearly and openly tolerant of
spammers, but listing big chunks of the entire industry at once?

Ciao,
--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com