On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 15:04, Jim Popovitch via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> > "Pay us for protection", when it really means "pay us or we'll [break
> > your knees|set your house on fire|break your windows...]" isn't
> > insurance, and can get you arrested.
>
> Neither of those situations describe the reality of what uceprotect is
> doing.  They are saying that if you choose to operate in a shady area,
> they will, for a payment, whitelist your address so that you can send
> email.  Historically, email delivery was always tied to knowing who the
> sender was.  This has been going on for decades, even with folks like
> Barracuda.  It's never been about the $$, it's always been about
> identifying the responsible party.

This make me think to the "First the came..." thing: saying that around 1
million OVH customers *chose* to operate in *shady area* is a strong
statement.

Maybe you'll grasp the issue only when they will list Ramnode :-)
Or maybe you'll be happy to pay or to move to another ASN until they catch
up...

Stefano