> On 22 Jan 2021, at 14:38, Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
> Am 22.01.21 um 15:22 schrieb Andrew C Aitchison via mailop:
>>
>> Are you sure that it was Sendgrid that blocked the message ?
>> Looks to me as if ab...@sendgrid.com is hosted at gmail and
>> it was *gmail* that objected to the content ...
>>
>> Or am I misunderstanding something ?
>
> No, of course you're right.
>
> But forwarding an abuse address that is somewhat expected to receive
> problematic content to a service that tries to keep
> such content out of their users' mailboxes doesn't really look very
> professional, and even if it isn't technically
> Sendgrid who perform the filtering this approach has the effect of putting a
> content filter on the abuse mailbox.

With that being said, I’ve seen people here and elsewhere in the anti-spam
space complain that they are asked to send complaints to a different subdomain.
But when you’re hosting your primary domain mail on a service (which, in many
cases you should for a host of reasons) then that service gets to block mail.

There’s a broader discussion to be had about hosting abuse mailboxes.

laura

--
Having an Email Crisis?  We can help! 800 823-9674

Laura Atkins
Word to the Wise
la...@wordtothewise.com
(650) 437-0741