> Don't just remove the addresses from customers' lists, but remove
> the customers, as they are obviously using addresses without
> consent,

You will probably find that just about every ESP operates a single
opt-in regime.

> which would be against your AUP (you do have an AUP that
> requires confirmed opt-in, do you?).

They probably don't.

I'd also hazard a guess that 100% of the unwanted email Jarland is
receiving at the moment is coming from entities generally unrelated
to the matter who are being used as hapless conduits for the abuse
by whoever goes around forge-subscribing these addresses.

I am not particularly interested in defending the practice of using
single opt-in for mailing list subscription. I am simply stating that
this is likely to be the case and that your assumption that the T&C
of ESPs would generally require COI is unrealistically optimistic.

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)