On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 17:18, Tobias Fiebig via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> Moin,
> to get a bit back to the networking part of things...

:-)

> Poking a few people, this looks like a return path issue on Freenet's
> side; So they likely fnorded something on their side.
> Guess the only way to get this fixed is for them to realize the issue.
> ;-)

I wrote an email to peer...@mcbone.net (I found it in their AS record at RIPE)

I also did some tests here:
https://bgp.he.net/traceroute/

I put in the first field 194.97.8.138 (freenet NS) or one of my IPs at OVH
Then in the second field I put AS13335 (cloudflare) and select one of
the US probes.

The traceroute to my IP works, while the traceroute to 194.97.8.138
doesn't work.
This test does not even involve OVH, so I guess the OVH issue is just
because OVH route traffic for freenet through Cloudflare.
This is not even a generic Cloudflare-Freenet routing issue as from my
office connection (italy) my traceroute to 194.97.8.138 works even if
it goes throught Cloudflare, too.

BTW my netwoking knowledge is very low, so I don't know if this helps
identifying the issue.

> So if somebody can poke netops of AS5430,...
> Will try posting to denog to see if that helps.

Thank you!
Stefano