Le 04/09/2011 16:38, Danishka Navin a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Danishka Navin <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Paulo de Souza Lima <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> 2011/9/4 Danishka Navin <[email protected]>
>>>
>>>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions
>>> <
>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>> I am not talking about the TDF community but external people.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> All right. But *who* are external people? And how can we identify them?
>>> For
>>> me the only fact someone is using LibreOffice is enough to put him/her in.
>>>
>>>
>> There  was an incident here about selling Firefox Tshirts without informing
>> to the Mozilla.
>>
>> Otherwise we have to mention the regional suppliers in the TDF site itself.
>>
>> I am also voting for regional stores as I can by 3 tshirts for the total
>> cost of Europe/US price + shipping cost


I think that anyway anyone can use the LibreOffice logo (without the
subline) according to our TM policy. But I'm a bit skeptical as to how
Paulo defines the people who contribute to LibreOffice and that we
apparently are not aware of. We have defined pretty much (and with some
range) who are contributors to our community and our project. The notion
that somehow these people should not be trusted is weird and not really
friendly-sounding. What do you mean, Paulo, that whatever contributors
do should be taken with mistrust?

So yes, we're talking about stores, not about anyone selling a T-shirt.
In fact, anyone can sell a t-shirt with the LibreOffice logo without the
TDF subline: I don't think it helps TDF, and I think it does anything
but covering the cost of T-shirt production and whatever profit you want
to make out of it. But I would also see disadvantages as clearly saying
that we support anyone using our logo: otherwise why would we have any
TM policy (and why would we have a foundation anyway?)?

Best,

Charles.


>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Danishka Navin
>> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
>> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
>> http://identi.ca/danishka
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 


-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Reply via email to