Hi :) This does make sense! I think any work on this would be rewarding and well used. Go for it! :) Regards from Tom :)
--- On Sat, 9/6/12, webmaster-Kracked_P_P <[email protected]> wrote: From: webmaster-Kracked_P_P <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Is there a better YouTube video collection setup . . . To: [email protected] Date: Saturday, 9 June, 2012, 14:04 I do not deal much with YouTube or any of the "social networks" like Facebook and Twitter, but many do. I do go to this YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys and it is much better than LO's page. It is well organized for their type of videos so it can be done. If someone would take the time and organized LO's videos enough to be placed on a well made "official channel", then it would go a long way towards giving LO users and potential users a good place to find the videos they need. On 06/09/2012 08:52 AM, Jean Weber wrote: > I agree this is something very much worth doing. I've not been much > into YouTube until very recently, so I didn't even know there was a > way to have an official page with videos organised into topics. I'm > not volunteering to work on one for TDF/LO, being overextended > already, but it would certainly be great if someone (or a group) would > do so. > > Several people have expressed interest through the Docs list about > creating how-to videos, and we definitely need them, but I agree we > also need some "professional" introductory videos. Drew Jensen has > done some good stuff; I'm not sure it's what you have in mind, but > it's well done. > > --Jean > > > On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P > <[email protected]> wrote: >> /[ OOOOPS I sent the email using the wrong address. ]/ >> >> Well, I just wanted to add that when I searched for "about LibreOffice", the >> first video shown was dated May 2011 and was not "professional". Most of >> the rest was about a feature or how to do something. >> >> SO, if we wanted to present a "professional" video to potential users that >> tells them about LO and why they should try it, the video searching from >> that LO channel page does not cut it. >> >> On 06/09/2012 08:31 AM, Tim Lungstrom wrote: >>> >>> I went to the LO YouTube page and I was not pleased how it was organized. >>> >>> Below is the [long] link I got to for the LO YouTube page. I hope this >>> was not the "official" channel for LO. I do not know the URL if their is a >>> different one. >>> >>> I would like to see a set of pages organized by language, AND by topic. >>> >>> If the page could be organized with topics like >>> About LO/TDF >>> Why should you install it >>> How to install it >>> How to do such and such >>> and any other topic that could use a category listing. >>> >>> I have seen some good "official pages" out there with the videos sorted in >>> a way that makes it easy for a person find what they want by looking at the >>> category and the text blurb on what the video was about. >>> >>> Maybe someone could look into doing this. IT would be a major project to >>> do this, but it is something that would really help the marketing AND help >>> people easily find a "help video" within the current "1021" videos that the >>> page lists are in the LO channel. >>> -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/ All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/ All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
