On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Jean Weber <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM, drew jensen <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 23:02 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
>>> Hi :)
>>> At a quick guess the person using the "Libreoffice" name on YouTube might 
>>> be thrilled to elt TDF take over the name.  They probably set it up to give 
>>> to TDF originally and then found a lack of interest at the time.
>>> Regards from
>>> Tom :)
>>
>> Howdy Tom,
>>
>> Absolutely, if you want to start using it today that can happen.
>>
>> I saw the conversation start and have been late getting into it.
>>
>> Seriously, the account is ready for anyone that wants to work it - even
>> if you just have ideas of 'exactly' what you want to see there.
>>
>> One item that I mentioned before, that is worth a follow up mention.
>> YouTube supports a non-profit page status, which would make it much
>> better for the foundations use, the web page discussing states that if
>> you have a US Tax exempt number sign up is via a web form. I think it's
>> worth someone, particularly someone who can knows someone in Google
>> directly, addressing the question of a special exemption of the US
>> requirement for TDF. Given the legal status in Germany it seems at least
>> worth an email.
>>
>> Anyway, again if you want to do something specific with site, or anyone,
>> just let me know - right now that requires shared account credentials,
>> for a shared admin, which is acceptable for 2 or 3 people I think. The
>> non-profit status would be the way to go however..
>>
>> //drew
>
>
> I thought that might be you, Drew!
>
> I agree, if someone can follow up on getting a non-profit page for LO
> on YouTube, that would be best.
>
> --Jean

I'll add that if I thought I had a chance of finding time to do
something about it myself, I would offer to do so. I don't like saying
"someone should do it" instead of "I volunteer," but I also don't like
to volunteer unless I think I have a good chance of following through
in a timely manner.

--Jean

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Reply via email to