#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 3:01 PM, wytheholt--- via Marxism
> <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> The real problem is that this claptrap -- the use of over-the-top language,
> racist, sexist, homophobic, and maligning -- mirrors what is going on in the
> world of "journalism."  Insults and name-calling are getting built into
> regular "political" speech and commentary.  Anger and meanness suffuse all
> characterization.  This 21-year-old Montanan believes that, in the future,
> ONLY insulting name-calling prose will even be listened to.

There’s a good reason Roosevelt’s famous line about “speaking softly” finds
resonance: Most people intuitively understand (even if they typically behave
otherwise) how easily speaking loudly can be mistaken for carrying a big stick.
They also intuitively understand such a mistake can be fatal if you’re the one
doing the ranting, empty handed, and your adversary has come to the fight
prepared.

Trump may have a thin skin, but I don’t think the same is true about the people
he’s discovering he now works for.

“Don’t malign, organize!” (Sorry, Joe.)