#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 9/6/17 2:36 PM, Patrick Bond wrote:
Fast forward a bit, though, and you will find Harro Schulze-Boysen (my grandmother's favorite cousin) leading a Red Orchestra group of Communists who harassed the Nazi regime from the early 1930s, and fed information to Moscow (and later Washington), until they were caught and executed in 1942. There was no ideological confusion there.

Yeah, well, look. The official policy of the KPD was to oppose "social fascism". This meant regarding the social democrats as bad as Hitler, even worse. I am working on an article about this right now in fact, mostly as a way of showing how stopping Hitler could not be reduced to "punching a Nazi".