$%$^&#!!!  My sincere apologies, gmail sent before I was ready.  To
continue:
GtkCairo: looks great, crashes ipython on resize.

Wx: color issues, not stable.
Qt: installs from fink, but won't load.

In any case, it's not the Gtk/Qt/Wx problems that are important, it's the
OSX backend issue.  Others whom I work with do not have this issue, but
installed using EPD.
Has anyone else experienced such problems?

Thanks for your help; let me know if there's more info I can provide.

-dw