[ 
http://opencast.jira.com/browse/MH-7593?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=26200#comment-26200
 ] 

Rubén Pérez Vázquez commented on MH-7593:
-----------------------------------------

Chris, you're right. Mind you, it was almost 2:00AM when I wrote that comment :P

No, sorry, what I meant is to set the Pipeline to "PAUSED", using 
"setState(State.PAUSED)" or using the method .stop() or .pause() (both of them 
do exactly the same). Then set the Pipeline's state to NULL, so that all the 
resources are correctly freed.

However, and forgive if I use the 2:00AM excuse again, if I think this through 
a little bit more, I think that "PAUSING" the Pipeline is not necessary at all, 
because Gstreamer itself does it for you. I mean: the state flow is always NULL 
<--> READY <--> PAUSED <--> PLAYING . If the Pipeline is in the NULL state and 
you set it to PLAYING, then it goes through all the intermediate states before. 

Now, I'm talking about the theory and AKM knows about the practical use of 
Gstreamer, so there may well be issue that arise in practice that discourage 
the use of "setState(NULL)" directly on the Pipeline. If not, those seem, to 
me, the most straightforward methods to release the pipeline safely.

> Gstreamer pipeline is not handling shutdown correctly
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MH-7593
>                 URL: http://opencast.jira.com/browse/MH-7593
>             Project: Matterhorn Project
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Capture (Devices and Software)
>    Affects Versions: 1.1 
>            Reporter: Micah Sutton
>            Assignee: Adam McKenzie
>            Priority: Release Blocker
>


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       
_______________________________________________
Matterhorn mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.opencastproject.org/mailman/listinfo/matterhorn


To unsubscribe please email
[email protected]
_______________________________________________

Reply via email to