Thank you all for your feedback! With all the different responses, it's
encouraging to hear that you all share the same concerns, and would resist
embedding a display in a wall with no easy way to remove it.

So the issue of older video artworks mostly being 4:3 aspect ratio
continues to give me trouble, as new 4:3 displays are not available.
Cropping a widescreen display by burying it behind a diebond mask that's
taped and painted over (curator's idea) is not at all best practice. So it
looks like I'm going to need to resort to sourcing USED TVs or monitors
for this show. If you have any you want to get rid of let me know.

Thanks again for your advice everyone.

??

GEORGE SCHAROUN
Technical Producer, Gallery Media