Hi,

Have you read this page: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Upload? 

In the chapter 1 + 2 there are the instruction.

Maybe you forgot to enable the upload in MW: 

In MediaWiki version 1.5 and later, the attribute to be set resides in
LocalSettings.php and is as follows:
$wgEnableUploads = true; # Enable uploads
This enables uploads, as one might expect. To disable them, set the
attribute to false:
$wgEnableUploads = false; # Disable uploads

And the page:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:LocalSettings.php#Image_uploads 

You must set the right for uploading, too:

For config direction:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights#Changing_group_permissions 

For the rights see:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights#List_of_Permissions,
chapter "Editing"

For usergroups see:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights#List_of_Groups 

If you are not log in it can be, that you can't upload.

Viele Grüße
Jan Luca

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Raymond Wan
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Februar 2010 06:39
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [Mediawiki-l] Setting up uploads (v1.12)


Hi all,

I've been trying to set up uploads and despite all the information and FAQs
on the Mediawiki web 
site, I have been unsuccessful.  One problem might be because I'm using an
old version of MediaWiki 
-- v1.12.  This old version is the current version for the latest stable
version of Debian, so this 
is what I'm stuck with.  (I know I can upgrade just mediawiki, but I'd like
to avoid that as I would 
like to try to keep everything at the same Debian distribution.)

Where I've gotten to is that the "Upload" link appears and when I click it
and select an image file 
(.png) to upload, I get taken to a page with a very brief message:


Upload file
Upload warning
Protected page


None of these messages are hyper-linked and the last one is in red.  To my
knowledge, the file was 
never received (I can't seem to find it).  Are there error logs to help me
find out what I'm doing 
wrong?  I believe by default they should go to /var/lib/mediawiki/images and
I've given write 
permission to that directory.  I guess I'm missing something obvious still;
does anyone have any 
suggestions on what I should try?

Thanks in advance!

Ray




_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Reply via email to