Hi Jan (and everyone),

Thank you for your e-mail!

I have looked at some of the links that you sent.  I should have did this 
before -- but just to make 
sure, let me confirm what I've done and maybe my problem will be more obvious?

* file_uploads = On in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
* No aliases in httpd.conf
* /var/lib/mediawiki/images is owned by www-data and has rwxr-xr-x permissions
* $wgEnableUploads = true; in LocalSettings.php
* $wgGroupPermissions['user']['upload'] = true;
* $wgGroupPermissions['user']['reupload'] = true;
*  $wgFileExtensions = array('png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'doc', 'xls', 'mpp', 
'pdf', 'ppt', 'tiff', 
'bmp', 'docx', 'xlsx', 'pptx', 'ps');
* post_max_size / upload_max_filesize kept as default (larger than what I need)
* And just to be sure, I restarted the web server...  :-)

Anything else I'm missing?  Does the error:

 > Upload file
 > Upload warning
 > Protected page

give any indication whether it is a problem with Mediawiki's php settings or 
the directory 
structure/permissions.  I haven't changed $wgUploadPath or $wgUploadDirectory, 
but MW_INSTALL_PATH 
is set to /var/lib/mediawiki [by default], so I presume that is where images/ 
should be.

This means that the "Upload file" link appears on the left which I can click 
and get the boxes to 
select the file and describe the file.  The error appears after I click the 
"Upload file" button.

Also, this problem happens with both a logged in user and the Wiki system 
administrator account... 
I can't succeed with either account, which makes me believe it is a directory 
structure problem...

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Ray


Jan Luca wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Have you read this page: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Upload? 
> 
> In the chapter 1 + 2 there are the instruction.
> 
> Maybe you forgot to enable the upload in MW: 

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Reply via email to