Hi Benjamin and everyone,

Benjamin Lees wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Raymond Wan <[email protected]> wrote:
>>  > Upload file
>>  > Upload warning
>>  > Protected page
> It appears to be complaining that the image title is protected, though
> that doesn't make a lot of sense here.  This could be a problem with the
> Debian package or its interaction with your configuration; it could also be
> a bug in 1.12 (which was released two years ago, after all).


Just wanted to follow up...

I gathered up my courage and upgraded MediaWiki.  Backing up, etc. wasn't too 
hard and I encountered 
no problems.  Debian "backports" had v1.15.1 for the current Debian stable, so 
I did end up using 
that instead of the MediaWiki sources (didn't want to risk too much :-) ).  
That went fine since 
installing just that package required no additional dependencies.

After running the update.php script, uploading image files worked -- without 
changing anything 
[further] in my LocalSettings.php.  So, it seems you were right...it was either 
a problem with 
Debian's [older] MediaWiki or something in my settings conflicted with it.

Thank you all for your help!  Perhaps I should have more courage when it comes 
to deviating from 
Debian stable.  :-)

Ray



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Reply via email to