On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Raymond Wan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anything else I'm missing?  Does the error:
>
>  > Upload file
>  > Upload warning
>  > Protected page
>
> give any indication whether it is a problem with Mediawiki's php settings
> or the directory
> structure/permissions.  I haven't changed $wgUploadPath or
> $wgUploadDirectory, but MW_INSTALL_PATH
> is set to /var/lib/mediawiki [by default], so I presume that is where
> images/ should be.
>
> It appears to be complaining that the image title is protected, though
that doesn't make a lot of sense here.  This could be a problem with the
Debian package or its interaction with your configuration; it could also be
a bug in 1.12 (which was released two years ago, after all).

This is (one reason) why most MW developers will recommend that you set up
MediaWiki yourself and not rely on an OS package.  I think you'd find it
pretty easy—especially compared to trying to debug problems like these!

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Reply via email to