Royce,

I agree with your example entirely...the speculation
(pure speculation) is that there might be a reason
that the end product producers (in this case oil
companies/refineries) are charging more for diesel
(corn flakes) so that people won't buy diesel vehicles
(corn flaskes) and will by gas (rice krispie) vehicles
BECAUSE once BioD hits critical mass, we can all pour
milk made from soybeans on our corn rather than milk
pumped from Saudi Arabia by Texaco.

OK, the analogy is getting crazy...but that's my
point. Once 20 million Americans own diesel cars
(remember the $4000 tax credit), if those 20 million
cars go to BioD in the future (when the price comes
down to due increased production economy of scale),
then no more money to the oil companies.

I'm just speculating on a possible MOTIVE for higher
diesel prices in realation to gas. BUT you may be
right in that simply there is more demand for diesel
right now compared to supply...but it seems ODDLY
coincidental with the rapid rise in popularity of BioD
and the new diesel models and now the Federal tax
break. I think big oil is afraid of diesel becuase of
the "spectre" of BioD.

Just a theory. Can't prove it, but I think it is
logical.

Christopher