"What leads you to believe that diesel demand is up?"

I don't think it's up, I think it's down. If so, then
supply would have to be WAY down to justify a market
based explanation of diesel's high cost in relation to
gasoline.

These figures must be somewhere.

Anyway, I kept assuring all my friends and relatives
(when asked this past winter about how I liked having
a diesel now that the price is so high) that it will
come down in the summer - I gave the standard story.
The only thing I can come up with right now is this
conspiracy theory.
Also, I respond that with the increased mpg, I am
still ahead compared to the Toyota Sienna.

Well, back to work.

Christopher