Education and enterprise you're talking customers with many (hundreds?) of
machines right?
What about a video production house with maybe 5 machines. How can they afford
2-3 days of downtime?

At one point the company I was working for had a board that in some
circumstances would fry an XW8000's motherboard. The board ran slightly hot and
the XW8000 didn't have the best cooling (better than the MDD Mac though) so if
you did something dumb like not have your AC on all weekend the MB would fry.
We got HP to do MANY replacements on those, oh there was the one XW8200 I put a
card into while the computer was ON. It'd had gone to standby and the fans had
turned off, that fried that motherboard too...
In all cases HP had somebody (not an HP employee but a contractor of sorts) on
site with parts either the next day or the day after that. Alternately they'd
send parts if I said I didn't need a tech. I got so I could do a full MB
replacement (including remembering the screws under the processors) in 30
minutes flat.

A customer (interestingly he was the guy who wrote the screenplay for "Get
Shorty") had an early G5 that the thermister went out on so the fans ran full
blast all the time. He took it in and they "adjusted it" which ment they
unplugged the fans. He took it home and of course it'd shut down after ~5
minutes. So he took it in again and they "adjusted it" which ment plugging the
fans back in... Finally Apple just gave him a new computer which is what they
should have done in the first place instead of messing around for a week.

-Curt