That is a possibility that I didn't want to contemplate. It's in the bottom of the valley and not a fun job to get to. It does have a bit more then the usually heard about 100,000 miles on the pump. I guess I may have to ask about that the next time I go to Jacksonville.

Manfred

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:59:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hard start problem returns- Update
Check with a diesel injection service -- I'm not familiar with this particular pump, but a failed pressure valve or a worn rotor will give this problem, along with low power warm. You should NOT be able to get vapor lock, as the injection lines should be holding pressure up to the pop pressure of the injectors! 1500 psi is typical, now way the fuel can get hot enough to boil unless the pressure isn't holding in the lines.

Might be time for a pump overhaul, those distributor pumps often require lubrication supplement with ultra low sulfur fuel or they wear fast. My old Volvo pump had to be rebuilt for this reason.

Peter