On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:44:32 -0500 Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

 But, these doors have an interesting history.  They are connected to
 the Manhattan project.  Thus the glow in the dark reference.

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

I figured it was a good bit of story for a Saturday, and the AMAZING part is it was SWMBO's idea!

 Nobody living knows what went on in there, but it was always said that
 if you went by at night, there was a strange glow coming from the
 building. You could see the glow through the wood.

That's an interesting story, too, though hardly believable.

That is what I thought the first time also. But over the years I have heard it from many people who were first hand witnesses, so I tend to believe it. at least weird light and coming through cracks in the walls. One of my Alumni Marching Band friends is the daughter of Dr. Wilhelm. She is about as credible of a source as anyone still alive now. She was a teenager or in college at the time.

 So, "Glow in the Dark" doors are a logical progression I guess.  Just
 have to find a way to store them until we retire and find/build that
 "retirement home"

It's interesting that your wife is wanting to hang on to things. Usually
the wife is the one who wants to get rid of them.

Yeah, I was shocked. Especially since we have both been happy that over the summer I have used up doors and lumber I have had stashed in the garage for years. I really don't want them, but she dreamed up this library idea. She's been watching too many BBC shows I guess. (and reading "84 Charing Cross road" too many times) IF your local Libary has the dvds of the BBC program " The English R.M." TV show, I highly recommend it. It is a hilarious weaving of english customs, Irish customs, Blarney, cons, horses, hunting and true history. And of course we have been watching Rumpole, the origin of SWMBO. My wife finally figured out what Rumpole was muttering this summer. "She Who Must BE Obeyed!" That was interesting!

If I can ever get my handrail built to finish the 2001 addition to the house done, I will have more junk out of the garage. The goal is to consolidate, inventory and organize all the MB parts I have scattered all over creation. Then I can start on the 2 OM616 engines, hoping to make one that will propel the 80 4 speed. 123 240D (UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO GIVE ME A OM602 TURBO IN THE MEANTIME)

KALEB...  WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID ABOUT THINNING THE HERD?

Craig