Venn diagrams are in the 1st grade curriculum here. Kindergarten students have
to be able to write a complete sentence by the end of the year.  The standards
are getting more and more stringent, at least where I am.

The thing that stinks is the standardized testing.  Trying not to "teach to the
test" is a real challenge for teachers.  Put a kid in a situation that does not
conform to the way things have been presented to them and they are lost.

Dan