Jaime,
I agree with Fred. Don't leave. You have been a resource for much wisdom.
I have been on these lists for 8 or 9 years myself. I was on the old DieselTech
list too.
I never made it to banned until the last few years. I just don't post much.
More of a lurker. (but not a troll, :))

>  I feel that there is no
> interest in any real restoration or preservation work.

A bodyman friend of mine is going to help me learn bodywork this summer on my
coupe. Not hack work
either, but restoration.

> The posts I do
> make are largely ignored.

I have close to 900 posts saved that I need to catalog. Yours are among them.

> I'm a big believer that original is best.  Something Dr. Booth and I
> had in common.  I enjoy these cars because they bring me and my
> passengers an experience of what things were like when they were new
> 20-30+ years ago.  I take pride in making them operate as originally
> intended, design flaws and all.  As I get older, I feel stronger and
> stronger about this.

Part of the maturation process, I'm sure. I feel the same way and stronger
every year. I am 51 now.

> I'll be unsubscribing here shortly, but I wanted to set things
> straight before leaving.

I am certain I am not the only one who would be sad to see you go....

Rick Knoble
1985 300CD, 1987 190DT
and a Harley with a Harmon Sound System