I changed my pistons and fuses all melted. I don't know what to do now -- if I leave the fuses as they are will my pistons melt?

--R

On 12/19/2010 11:30 AM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Gerry Archer wrote:
I've been off and on the list since it was based in Canada, Walt.
Dr. Booth (mhsrip) was the "critisizer in chief" and his legacy has
been a custom of blunt criticism when someone was judged to be
wrong.

Ah, yes. Herr Doktor Booth and young Jaime had their disagreements back in the day, which would have predated young Walt by several years. Herr Doktor was of the 'stock is best' school of thought, which held the theory that Daimler-Benz spent millions every year on engineers who were paid to know something about the cars they designed. Those engineers clearly knew more than you or I, so why would we ever dream of trying to improve on their designs?

Eventually Jaime was made the moderator of a DIESELTECH list, which existed to discuss higher mechanics and modifications apart from the regular DIESEL list. Herr Doktor either unsubscribed or was banned from that list after naysaying every engine hop-up thread. The two things Marshall is best remembered for are ALWAYS REPLACE ALL THE FUSES when you buy a used car, and if you modify that diesel engine, YOU WILL MELT YOUR PISTONS.

Since Dr. August Marshall Booth left this earth, the sayings have been combined humorously. For example: IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOUR FUSES, YOUR PISTONS WILL MELT.

Mitch.