I would welcome more posts on restoration, and preservation.  I do feel
there are a number of posts on repairs, but I'd like to see more on
maintance, and as I said, preservation and restoration of body and
interiors, besides mechanical restorations.

I have no personal interest in doing body restoration work, but I'd like to
be better informed about the "right" way to do it on certain models, so I
can better instruct those I'm paying as to how I'd like things done.

As a starting point, one of the front jacking points on my W124 is showing
some rust.  I can't really tell is this was from prior collision work not
done up to Mercedes standards, or blocked water flow passages in the past
that have caused water to settle.  I did notice the rubber spout under the
side in questions is missing.

Ed
300E